Wireshark is the world’s foremost and widely-used network protocol analyzer. It lets you see what’s happening on your network at a microscopic level and is the de facto (and often de jure) standard across many commercial and non-profit enterprises, government agencies, and educational institutions. Wireshark development thrives thanks to the volunteer contributions of networking experts around the globe and is the continuation of a project started by Gerald Combs in 1998.
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platform)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
Click on the image for large preview.
A Brief Look :
Wireshark is very similar to tcpdump, but has a graphical front-end, plus some integrated sorting and filtering options. Wireshark lets the user put network interface controllers into promiscuous mode (if supported by the network interface controller), so they can see all the traffic visible on that interface including unicast traffic not sent to that network interface controller’s MAC address. However, when capturing with a packet analyzer in promiscuous mode on a port on a network switch, not all traffic through the switch is necessarily sent to the port where the capture is done, so capturing in promiscuous mode is not necessarily sufficient to see all network traffic. Port mirroring or various network taps extend capture to any point on the network. Simple passive taps are extremely resistant to tampering on GNU/Linux, BSD, and macOS, with libpcap 1.0.0 or later, Wireshark 1.4 and later can also put wireless network interface controllers into monitor mode. If a remote machine captures packets and sends the captured packets to a machine running Wireshark using the TZSP protocol or the protocol used by OmniPeek, Wireshark dissects those packets, so it can analyze packets captured on a remote machine at the time that they are captured. A powerful application to analyze all the protocols easily.
Wireshark is the network packet analyzer whose usability used across many areas, network research forensics, and performance being just a part of it. If your computer is connected to the Internet all the time to the local network or network areas then you might be not protected because of the Hackers. For this Wireshark is made to capture the Hackers codes and trace them. It can also be used for networking and debugging protocol implementations who wants to learn and work how the internet protocols work. The application is available cross-platform across many devices such as Windows, MAC, and Linux.
Free of Charge: Wireshark is completely free to use as it is a donationware software. Wireshark does not catch or extract any profit from it as the company runs because of the donations were given by the individuals and organization.
Complete Piece: Wireshark comes up with a complete piece with everything which a network administrator would need to understand the Internet Protocols. The amount of information provided is overwhelming, but there are filters available to reach the relevant data. It supports a great deal of the protocols, worked both with wired and wireless adapter and supports the creation of profiles that can be used for quick configuration of the session.
Messy Information: The learning point of this application is little steep and the average or novice user can barely go with it. There is no option of converting the information into a friendlier view like of conversion in the graphical view.
Overall, Wireshark is a favorite tool for the IT professionals not because it is free but it comes with a complete piece of information which the other paid alternatives are far away from.
Technical Specification :
- Software Setup Name – Wireshark
- Software Setup Size – 51.7 MB
- Software Setup Type – Standalone Installer
- Software Version – 2.6.0
- Compatibility – 32 bit (x86)
- Developer/Author – Wireshark
- Developer Homepage – click here
System Requirements :
- Operating Systems – Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- RAM (Memory) – 1 GB of RAM required
- Hard Drive Space – 200 MB of free space required
- Processor – Intel Pentium 3 or later
How To Install Wireshark 2.6.0 for 32-bit on your PC?
- Load Wireshark program from your disks.
- Run as administrator.
- Select the installation options.
- After it is installed click on finish.
- Launch the application and start it.
Click on the button below to start downloading Wireshark 2.6.0 for 32-bit
Some Amazing Facts!
- According to the Washington Post, Trump made 2,140 false or misleading claims in his first year.
- Until three million years ago, whales were less than 30 feet long.
- 420,000 people die annually from tainted food.
- Cuba bans statues of living Cubans.