Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all users to experience the web. This site contains design documents, architecture overviews, testing information, and more to help you learn to build and work with the Chromium source code. Chromium has the same features and the interface as of the Chrome. It is very easy to use and has powerful features and functions which the user will appreciate.
- Fast and Lightweight.
- Automatic Updates.
- Desktop app-like web apps
Click on the image for large preview.
A Brief Look :
Chromium is an open-source Web browser project started by Google, to provide the source code for the proprietary Google Chrome browser. The two browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features, logos, and they have different licensing. It has got improved and with many bug fixes which helps it to run in with ease. It includes the latest features which make the content simple and powerful. It uses less CPU Power so your work will be done in no time. It also increases the productivity rate of users with the help of this application. Transitioning to a new browser always requires an adjustment period, but overall, we found Chromium to be quite intuitive and pleasurable to use. We didn’t have to do a lot of searching for the features that we wanted and, even though it’s relatively no-frills, we didn’t find ourselves missing anything. Chromium is free. It comes as a zip file and runs after extraction with no need to install. We highly recommend this program to all users.
Editors’ Review :
Chromium Browser is an application that serves as the foundation as a mini Google Chrome, with Google’s developers and programmers, many new enhancements and improvement of software is made possible. However, Chromium is completely free to use with no limitations on it. Chromium is not a type of browser which comes into the race of top like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Chromium is just a simple browser to do surfing with ease.
Good Interface: Chromium’s interface is very much simple and it looks like as of the Google Chrome’s. The simplicity of the application makes it the easy to use the browser.
Compatible with Google Chrome add-ons: Chromium is fully compatible with all the Google Chrome extensions as it is a Google project. All type of extensions can be installed and can use them fastly.
Still needs something more: Chromium is a fast working browser with no limitations. Some users can be satisfied with it and some users could demand more tools and features to implement it.
Overall, it is your choice to use it or not, the needs of everyone is different according to their skills. In case, you’re looking for a simple browser that helps you to do that, browse the web and Chromium can be you’re a great tool to surf the web.
Technical Specification :
- Software Setup Name – Chromium Browser
- Software Setup Size – 118 MB
- Software Setup Type – Standalone Installer
- Software Version – 68.0.3406.0
- Compatibility – 32 bit (x86)/64 bit (x64)
- Developer/Author – Freesmug
- Developer Homepage – click here
System Requirements :
- Operating Systems – Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
- RAM (Memory) – 1 GB of RAM required
- Hard Drive Space – 200 MB of free space required
- Processor – Intel Pentium 3 or later
How To Install Chromium 68.0.3406.0 on your PC?
- Load Chromium Browser program from your disks.
- Run as administrator.
- Complete the registration information.
- Select the installation options.
- After it is installed click on finish.
Click on the button below to start downloading Chromium 68.0.3406.0
Some Amazing Facts!
- The word robot comes from the Czech “robota.” In English, robota translates to “forced labor.”
- Created in 1956, the first ever VCR was the size of a piano.
- The world’s first camera took eight hours to snap a photo.
- The very first Apple logo featured Sir Isaac Newton sitting underneath a tree, with an apple about to hit his head.